Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Freshly Made Sketches 12

Today I'm very excited to share that I am the hostess this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  This is the first time I have ever designed a sketch and I sure hope that everyone likes it.


I decided to interrupt my regular programming of autumn and Christmas themed cards to bring you a card with a decidedly spring-time look.


I broke out a couple of Verve stamps for this card and layered them on some Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, and a Basic Black Scallop circle.  I had a hankering to use my crimper (why do these urges hit us out of the blue sometimes?) so I crimped some Pear Pizzazz, wrapped it with a bit of linen thread and finished it off with a button. The itty bitty sentiment is from Tiny Tags.

The design team has some amazing inspiration for you so be sure to stop by and show them some love!

Lesley Croghan
Linda Callahan
Cindy Hall
Lauri Ingram
Tui Nathan
Christy Q
Jennifer Timko
Rita Wright

13 comments:

None None said...

Jen, this is beautiful! I love the fresh colors - so perfect fora dreary day like today. The Coloring on your flower is gorgeous. Thanks for such a great sketch!!

Jen Timko said...

Awesome sketch for this week, Jen! It is so you! Your flower on this is spectacular and the crimped layer is just the right touch (and it is funny how those things come upon us). Have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

Linda Callahan said...

You are a master of using white space perfectly! It sets off your flower so well! Your coloring is super! Beautiful card - wonderful sketch! Happy Turkey Day!

Lauri said...

This is stunning! Thanks for a great sketch too! I love this card!

Erna Logtenberg said...

a gorgeous card Jen! Love your sketch! Love that crimped paper too

Paula Stewart said...

I love the sketch and your card!!!!

My Creative Side said...

Great sketch this week Jen. I love it!!!! and, I love your card. Just beautiful!

Vicky Hayes said...

You're the hostess with the mostest Jen! Love the sketch and your fabulous card.

Anonymous said...

Nice switch from Christmas cards jeanette! We had a wonderful day and I hope you did too. THanks for your sweeet comment on my blog...I wish you could come to demo luncheon one of these days!You are going to need to call in sick!!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Jen! That pink blossom is gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Hi Jen

I love your card! All the layers are beautiful.
You asked me about the tag on my Snowman card, I did hand cut it out, but I also used the jewelry tag punch on the end that is on the button. Thanks for asking
Hugs
Shirley

Tui Nathan said...

Gorgeous colour palette Jen ... your pretty pink flower is so eyecatching and a definite winner taking centre stage ... I love too the crimped border and of course the pretty pop of pale pink against the striking black scalloped circle ... great work!!!

Notes by Nina said...

Ohh how pretty, wonderful colours and I love your flower and leaves.