Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches 32

This week at Freshly Made SketchesLinda  has got a sketch that I think you all are going to love.  



I never know quite what colors I'm going to use when I sit down to make my FMS card, so for this one I checked out some past colourQ challenges and found that the colors for cQc98 were pretty awesome:  Soft Suede, Island Indigo, Bermuda Bay, Lucky Limeade and Whisper White.  (Although in the interest of full disclosure, I used Very Vanilla instead of Whisper White)!    

Every time I use Island Indigo I fall in love with the color all over again.  I don't know why I don't use it more often.  I guess there's so many other colors to use that it gets lost in the shuffle!  But I managed to use it here for my circular/scallopy border as well as the scallop circle.  I inked up the tree from Forest Friends in Lucky Limeade and Soft Suede by coloring directly onto the stamp with my markers.  And the sentiment is from the soon-to-be-retired For All You Do.  I surprised myself by using the Island Indigo baker's twine which I not-so-neatly "tied" together with an Island Indigo Brad.  I have had that twine forever, but this is the first time I've used it.  Shame on me!

Now, head on over to Freshly Made Sketches and check out the wonderful inspiration from the design team.  This is our last week with our guest designers Kathy and Lisa so be sure to stop on by and show them some stamping love!  It's been a real treat having them along for our wonderful journey this month!




11 comments:

Lesley said...

Fresh and pretty! Love the brad with the twine.

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Your card is gorgeous Jen! I love the way you've coloured the tree and the accents of indigo are perfect.
Thanks for having me on your team this month, I have loved it!

Linda Callahan said...

So clean and pretty! You are a master at white space! (as well as flowers!) Love the colors and how they stand out against the simple background! Love it!

Cindy Hall said...

I love everything about your card, especially the colors and all the details. It's really stunning!

Vicky Hayes said...

Those colours are wonderful Jen and it's lovely to see that little tree!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Definitely "Jen Style" - love it!

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... this is so lovely ... love all that white space and i love that colour combo - looks great against the white (vanilla looks good too) clean, stylish and pretty!

Darnell said...

I love these colors, too, and that set. You did a beautiful job tieing all those elements together!

Aileen said...

Super take on the design. Love the colours and the tree. x

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card, I love the little tree.

Jen Timko said...

Jen this is awesome! Love your tree and that brad is fantastic.