Tuesday, April 10, 2012

colourQ 132

I will confess that I made a couple of cards for this week's color challenge at colourQ.  And I'm still not entirely sure that I like either one all that much.  Don't you hate when that happens?

Anyway, this is the one I decided on.  The layout is courtesy of the latest retro sketch.




I'm not sure why I had trouble with this one.  The colors are gorgeous and I when I see green I usually think of leaves which makes me think of flowers.  I can do flowers.  But I've been trying to use some of my neglected non-floral stamps lately so I was a little flummoxed about this at first.

I ended up using the stamp set Seeing Stars from Verve and for some reason I got it in my head that I needed to fussy cut the star with the swirls.  Not fun, I can assure you.  But after all that effort, it does look pretty cool!

I hope you have a chance to check out the challenge this week at colourQ.  The design team has, once again, cooked up some inspiration for you that you don't want to miss.  So, pop on over and play along with us!

7 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Really fun card Jen, I love those stars that really pop against the green.

Unknown said...

Jen I can totally relate because that was me last week. I don't do pastel. I made several cards too and wasn't really happy with any of them. Personally I love what you did with this week colors. I love to fussy cut and I think what you did really adds to the card.

Lisa Elton said...

Great card Jen! Love the fun stars and flourishes!!

Marybeth said...

I think its great Jen, but yes I know what you mean. No worries for you with this one ,it's a perfect good luck card!

kasia c. said...

I'm so glad you like it after all that fussy cutting. :)
It really is a fabulous card!!

Arielle H Gordon said...

There is absolutely NOTHING about this card that isn't FABULOUS!!! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us at RetroSketches this week!

Silke Ledlow said...

Awesome card Jen...you rocked the colors :) !!! Hugs ~S~