Monday, April 14, 2014

Hello for PPA199 & SS305

I have really been on a roll the last few days in my craft room churning out cards left and right.  I must be neglecting my house work because I've had all kinds of extra time to get down and dirty with my stamping stash.  Today I've got a card using the colors from Pals Paper Arts and the layout from Sketch Saturday.



I went with a little abstract interpretation of the sketch.  I briefly thought about dragging out my old scallop circle nesties and doing a layered circle-thing but I thought it would be more fun if I created that circle with a stamp instead.  So I grabbed a big ol' grungy stamp and that became my "circle".  For some reason, I stamped one of the dotted images from PTI's Feather Finery over the grungy image in Versamark and heat embossed it with white and I really don't know why I bothered since you can't see it.  It would have looked better if I had done it in a color that actually showed up!  And for a little added oomph I went over the little flower with my brand new Wink of Stella pen and although you can't see it in the photo, the glimmer it adds is absolutely fabulous!  Hands down, this is the best new thing I've purchased in ages!

Mother Nature must have got the memo that we're all pretty much fed up with winter around here because she's been delivering us some wonderful spring-like weather lately.  It's so nice to open the windows in the house and let in some fresh air!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Extreme Elements, Summer Silhouettes (SU); Sunny Days (Verve); Feather Finery (Papertrey Ink), The Big, the Bold and the Happy (Winnie &Walter)
Ink:  So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz, Calypso Coral (SU); Onyx  Black, (Versafine); Versamark
Accessories:  Leafy Sprigs die (Verve); white embossing powder; Wink of Stella pen

11 comments:

Brian King said...

Jen, What a clean and crisp beauty! I love this combination of images and your use of both challenges. Thanks for playing along with the Pals Paper Arts color challenge this week.

Tracey McNeely said...

This is such an awesome card Jen-LOVE!

Diane Roberts said...

Jen, such a fresh looking design; perfect for saying hello to a friend. Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts this week.

Ann Schach said...

Clean and simple perfection, Jen! I LOVE it! Thanks for playing with the Pals at Pals Paper Arts!

Michelle Quinno said...

Fantastic card! I love my Wink of Stella pens too. I'm from Northern MA!

Anonymous said...

This is just LOVELY! It's wonderful how you didn't let the color combo take over the design. The whitespace is perfect - I might just have to CASE this! Thanks for playing with PPA this week - we hope you play along with #200 on Thursday!!

Deepti said...

Jen this is so lovely, u are amazing

Joni Andaya said...

So Gorgeous Jen :)

Debra Miller said...

Love Love Love this card Jen! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday! Hugs, Deb

Laura said...

This is stunning! Love the colors and what a great use of the sketch! Thanks for playing at Sketch Saturday!

Cathy P said...

What a gorgeous CAS card! Congrats on your Top 3 at Sketch Saturday! Hugs, Cathy