Monday, March 12, 2012

Retro Sketches 2 and The Paper Players 86

There's a new sketch challenge in town but unfortunately I ran out of time last week to participate in the kick off of retro sketches, so I set to work early for sketch #2.  



I think my mojo is on spring break because I had a hard time in my stamp room this weekend.  My table is littered with cards that I started and cast aside because something wasn't right.  Even this card ended up being something other than what I had originally envisioned, but I was determined to make a card with this awesome sketch.

I was sure that the springy-color challenge at The Paper Players was just the thing to get my crafty juices flowing.  The colors are fabby!


I think I wanted to add a sentiment on this card, but I forgot.  This is sometimes a good thing because this card can become whatever I want when the occasion arises!

And thanks to everyone who emailed me with tips, tricks, and even a video tutorial (you know who you are!) on creating bows.  I'm going to try out my newly-learned skills soon!  I hope I'm not a hopeless case.  Donna, my super-talented upline has shown me on many occasions how to tie a bow, but I think I must be all thumbs because they never look as good as hers!

13 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

What a wonderful card and I love that sketch Arielle designed. Thanks for playing with the Paper Players.

Jackie Rockwell said...

Hi Jen, so glad you were able to join us this week at Retrosketches! Your card is so clean and fresh! The large Leaves are fantastic!

Linda Callahan said...

You are a super sleuth - the new challenge site has a great concept! Hope I can sneak in a card for it this week! Your card is wonderful - love that clean look!

Ann Schach said...

Fabulous card, Jen! Such a clean and classy design! You did a great job incorporating the challenge colors! And I LOVE the flower! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Jenn Picard said...

Beautiful clean lines and I love how the flowers and leaves just "pop" from the card. Great use of this weeks challenges colours. So glad you could join us at the Paper Players.

kasia c. said...

Jen, this is so pretty! You worked those colours and sketch wonderfully!

LeAnne said...

Sweet! Love the bold graphic look you've created! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at the Paper Players!

Basement Stamper said...

I love this card, the focal point is just gorgeous!!

H2 :) said...

Fabulous Jen - love the clean lines & the wonderful layered bloom.
PS Just a question re the bow tying - are you left handed? If so, try everyone's instructions in reverse (ie: right over left if they say left over right) - it makes a huge difference. :)

Melina said...

Oh I love the layered medallion and leaves! Beautiful :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Jen, this is clean and classy and full of your super-fabulous style! Love the paper pierced detail. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Linda Beeson said...

I so like this, love the colors and the flower.

Arielle H Gordon said...

Oh, Jen - your cards are always so gorgeous and perfect! Sorry it's taken me this long to come back and comment - I only had time to peek at everyone's cards before! Thanks so much for playing with us at RetroSketches and I hope you will join us again!