Tuesday, May 6, 2014

colourQ 240

Today at colourQ, the palette is inspired by this vintage teacup which just happens to be a candle now.  Not sure how an open flame and a vintage tea cup get on, but it sure is pretty!  For my part I was excited to see a color challenge featuring an old favorite, Sage Shadow, so I dug way into my giant hoard stash of DSP to find a pretty pattern in this color.



The layout for my card comes from the latest Deconstructed Sketch and I'm sure it will be no surprise to anyone that I messed up the sketch but cutting my chevron shapes upside down.  Unfortunately, I don't have enough of the patterned paper to scrap it and cut some the right way so this will have to stick.  And in the spirit of the "sparkle and shine" sentiment I went over the little flower with my Wink of Stella pen to give it some sparkly shimmer.  It doesn't show up on the photo at all but it looks really pretty in real life.


Hopefully you'll have time to join us in the colourQ gallery this week.  The always amazing colourQ design team have got some great cards and scrapbook pages for you to see, so hop on over there to check them out!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Summer Silhouettes (SU); New Day (Precious Remembrance)
Paper:  Linen White (Ellen Hutson); Whisper White, Sage Shadow, Pear Pizzazz, Wintergreen DSP (SU)
Ink:  Pink Pirouette, Strawberry Slush (SU)
Accessories:  Stitched Leaves die (Lawn Fawn); Basic Rhinestone (SU)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jen, this card is gorgeous! LOVE those colors!

Dyane said...

Hi Jen! This card is so lovely!:) Just perfect for the PR sentiment!:)

Thank you.

Dyane
http://www.preciousremembranceshop.com/blog/

Greta said...

What a beautiful card & wonderful use of the sketch!

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty! Love the sweet blossom!