Monday, November 3, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

Now that Halloween is done and over with it's time to look ahead to Thanksgiving.  To me cards celebrating fall and cards celebrating Thanksgiving are very often the same thing because the two things call to mind the same warm color palette.  I love the colors of fall and Thanksgiving happens to be my favorite holiday so when I saw the fall challenge at Cupcake Inspirations I wanted to play along.  I dipped into my stash for some leafy die cuts so that I could also play along with The Cutting Edge Challenge and also managed to squeeze in the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch.



Give me a colorful leaf and I'm a happy camper.  And if those leaves have a stitched detail on them then I love them even more!  I added a few branches and another round leafy die cut to complement the leaves.  Once I had everything roughly assembled I thought the background was awfully plain so I added a few grungy splatters.  Die cuts make everything easy peasy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Gorgeous Gunge (SU); Fall Colors (Precious Remembrance)
Paper:  Early Espresso, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Very Vanilla (SU)
Ink:  Early Espresso, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango (SU)
Accessories:  Grove Branch die (Memory Box); Stitched Leaves die (Lawn Fawn); Leaves die (Penny Black); Pine Sprig Cluster die (Impression Obsession); Sentiment Strips die (My Favorite Things)

13 comments:

Bobby said...

I love how you've interpreted the sketch.

Happy Dance said...

Love this card, Jen!! Your take on this sketch is perfect, and I was drawn right away to your splattery background. Beautiful leaves and branches. This is amazing!! Bev

Nance said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it at Cupcake Inspirations Fall theme challenge! Nance, DT

Claire said...

Beautiful Jen - perfect combo of challenges!

Tina said...

beautiful card..thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

OH Babs said...

Great Fall card.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Jen! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Jenny said...

Wow! A fantastic take on all of the challenges - beautiful!

Indy's Designs said...

This is a spectacular interpretation of all the challenges! I love your design. So glad you were inspired by our Fall theme at Cupcake Inspirations!
Hugs, Debbie!

Amy Kolling said...

This is just fantastic! The leaves and the addition of the pinecone....wow!!! Thank you so much for playing with the Cutting Edge Challenge!

Deepti said...

Wat to rock the dies !! Love the layout :)

Chrissy Larson said...

Gorgeous card and use of dies!

Crafty Auntie said...

Love your artistic fall card! It's so different and modern - love your style!