Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches 238!

My card for this week's challenge at Freshly Made Sketches has a few stamps on it that I haven't used in a while.  Our sketch is designed by Kim and I love all the layered shapes on it.  I replicated those layers with stamps and a few flowers  popped up on foam tape.



When I sat down to make this card I went through my stamps and came across SU's Off the Grid.  I love that stamp and for some reason I had forgotten all about it.  I decided it would make a great little base layer image.  Then I dug out another SU set that I've had for ages and hadn't used lately and added the flowers and stem.  A little sentiment in a hand-written style plus a few enamel dots and I was done!  Easy peasy.

The colors for my card come from the latest challenge at Sunday Stamps.  The inspiration photo is so beautiful with these vibrant colors.


Only a few more days until the long weekend!  Yay!  I hope to do some puttering in the garden this weekend because the weeds have already come a-calling!   Thanks for stopping by and be sure to head on over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog to see the inpsiration from the rest of the design team.  I hope you've got some time to join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Summer Silhouettes, Off the Grid (SU); Mini Stamp Thank You (Heidi Swapp)
Paper:  Sweet Tooth (My Favorite Things); Mossy Meadow, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Certainly Celery, Mossy Meadow, Pacific Point, Night of Navy (SU)
Accessories:  Wonky Stitched Rectangle STAX (My Favorite Things); enamel dots (Studio Calico)

13 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Loving those blue flowers! Off the Grid just sits on my shelf and every time.you use it I think.....why don't I? I love how it looks.....one of these days......Anyway your card is beautiful!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

There's that fantastic layering of yours again Jen! You are such an inspiration! LOVE that beautiful colour combo! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Karren said...

The way you've CAS-ified the sketch makes for a gorgeous card! Enjoy your long weekend - I'm taking tomorrow (Friday) off work so I'm having a long weekend too :)

Lisa Elton said...

Cute little collage of images Jen, this is fabulous!

Amy O said...

I love the blue flowers! And I love the grid background. Beautiful card, Jen! Enjoy the long weekend!

Leigh Penner said...

This is so pretty, Jen!

Jen Brum said...

Oh, this is such a pretty card Jen! I love those blue flowers! They stand out so nicely! Love the grid background too! Gorgeous!

Greta said...

Wow--amazing use of the sketch, Jen!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I think you were the reason I got this stamp set - you always use it to perfection!

Leena Girsa said...

So very pretty! I will miss this stamp set! I love the clean, fresh CAS look you have achieved. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps this week!

Annette Elliott said...

A perfect and hip thank you card, Jen! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps! this week!

Kim S said...

What a fun mix of images and colors! The grid is always so perfect as a backdrop, and doing it in celery with the bright blue flower is so cheerful!

Petra Swart said...

Love your mix of stamps and colours and the pretty blue flowers, Jen!!! What a lovely CAS card!!!!