Monday, August 7, 2017

You're the Star

These days posting on a Monday is a rarity for me!  I don't seem to have as much time for stamping as I used to (or as I'd like) but I had some extra time yesterday so I put myself to good use in my stamp room.  The combination of a couple of cool challenges plus some new stamping goodies that I recently got provided sufficient inspiration!


I took a few liberties with the sketch at Fusion but you get the basic idea!  I combined the layout with the very cool colors at Color Throwdown.  This is my first time inking up the new Lemon Lime Twist from SU.  It's bright!  I love how the super hero style starburst looks inked up in it and the black sentiment provides awesome contrast.


I think we're in for a spot of rain today which means no walking for me on my lunch hour.  We've had plenty of rain this summer so enough already!  Maybe since we've had such a wet summer we'll get no snow this winter...A girl can dream!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Explosion! Additions (Uniko); Shiny Happy Sentiments (Lil' Inker Designs)
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Lemon Lime Twist (Stampin' Up!); White (Catherine Pooler)
Ink:  Lemon Lime Twist (Stampin' Up!); Jet Black (Altenew)
Accessories:  Stitched Basic Edges die (My Favorite Things); Enamel Dew Drops (Freckled Fawn)

3 comments:

Claire said...

You always have such a unique way of interpreting a sketch Jen - love how you've created a harder edge..looks brilliant! The pop of colour with the neutrals is gorgeous too. Thanks for playing along at Fusion!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun card Jen!! You added the perfect pops of lime green!

Karren said...

I'm so late visiting but this card is fabulous! That Lemon Lime Twist looks like a gorgeous color and you've really made it pop on this card.