Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches 324

Happy Valentines Day!  The calendar may say valentine, but here it's Christmas!  The newest sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, designed by Narelle, put me in mind of snowflakes!



And I'm sure that the color challenge at The Paper Players was supposed to inspire a valentine but it's a favorite color combo of mine for Christmas.  So I put aside the hearts and dug out the snowflakes instead.  I layered a white one and a very pretty platinum vellum one that is hard to see in the picture, but very pretty in real life.  And in keeping with my resolution to not wait until I'm mailing my Christmas cards this year to stamp the inside sentiment, this one says something on the inside.  I'm pleased to say that I'm 2 for 2 this year!  Yahoo!


Thanks for stopping by!  And I hope you can join us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.  My fellow DT teamies have got some fabulous cards to inspire you!

Supplies
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Real Red, Vellum (Stampin' Up!); Solar White (Neenah); Platinum Vellum (Graphix)
Accessories:  Snowflake Trio die (amuse studio); enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

14 comments:

LeAnne said...

I LOVE this....it's a perfect color combo for Christmas, in fact, I should use it myself for a Christmas card, I am so behind!! Thanks for sharing it at the Players, it's perfectly wonderfuL!

Linda Callahan said...

You are ahead of me in Christmas cards this year for sure! You know I love your snowflake card......so many snowflakes this year 😁

Lisa Elton said...

Another perfectly fantabulous CAS card Jen!

Jan Clothier said...

Always such gorgeous work! I like the way you've used the colours for Christmas and that snowflake is so stylish! Thanks for joining us again at The Paper Players.

JoAnn said...

Love your Christmas card and the color combo. TFS

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous snowflake, Jen! I love that you chose red and white on Kraft, too...it's so striking!

Amy O said...

A gorgeous snowflake! It tickles me that you saw a circle and automatically thought of snowflakes, which is so NOT what this Southerner thinks of. It must be all of that snow that you've been seeing lately.

Jo said...

Love the freshness of your card Jen. That red just ties it all together with a Christmas tune ;)
CAS beautiful xx

Karren said...

Valentine...Christmas...Christentine... who cares what the occasion is when the card is this gorgeous! You certainly make kraft cardstock shine!

ElizStewart said...

Wow! CAS at its best! Thank you for joining the Paper Players this week!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card! I love the colours you've used and that snowflake is the perfect circle!!! So pretty!

stampwithsandy said...

A fabulous CAS creation, and these colors worked perfectly for a Christmas card! Your clean background really makes the intricate snowflake stand out. Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players, Jen!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I LOVE this Christmas card (it reminds me I need to start on mine!) As always, you create the perfect clean card and make it look effortless. I really enjoy seeing what everyone creates and how we think differently when we see a sketch.

Jen Timko said...

Yeah, way to make the rest of us feel behind already.... ;-) this is fantastic!!! Love that kraft background!