Thursday, December 20, 2018

CAS(E) This Sketch 302

The countdown to Christmas is on!  Are you ready?  For some reason Christmas seems to have crept up on me this year.  And while I'm done with my shopping I've got a bit more wrapping to do and gift tags to make.  And I've only got a few days to do that as well as the limited amount of baking I need to do.  And let's not forget the Christmas cocktails I need to whip up!

Today we've got a new challenge for you at CAS(E) This Sketch and we are being joined for this challenge by our guest Cindy Beach, who makes fabulous cards!  I was a little stumped by the two vertical layers until I had some to think of a different way I could interpret them.  Sometimes I spend a lot of time mentally composing a card before I actually sit at my desk with the paper, stamps, and ink.  This one took longer than most!



I'm continuing my post-Christmas card needs with another thank you theme.  I think the bright yellow is attention grabbing, especially with that bold sentiment in black stamped right in the middle!

Thanks for stopping by!  Our challenge this week at CAS(E) This Sketch is a two-week one so be sure to check out all the details on the CAS(E) This Sketch blog.  I hope you can find some time to join us!

Supplies
Stamps:  Halftone Circles (Altenew)
Paper:  White (Catherine Pooler)
Ink:  Daffodil Delight (Stampin' Up!); Nocturne (Versafine Clair)

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This looks like a thank you filled with sunshine! It's fabulous Jen!

Linda Callahan said...

Very cool! Love the textured yellow shapes!

Nora Noll said...

This is so clever!! LOVE your take on the sketch!!

Karren said...

Oh this is such a clever take on the sketch! So very "with it" and fun!