Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches 578

After a busy week and a missed challenge I'm back at Freshly Made Sketches for our newest challenge.  Our hostess this week is Jacquie and after contemplating her sketch I went with a layered stenciled design.



I think it's a fun design to layer images over one another - and pop one up on foam tape over the other. I chose to use vellum for the horizontal layer on the sketch so that the stamped images on the card base were still visible.

I was inspired by the spring challenge at The Paper Players too!


Thanks for stopping by!  My Freshly Made Sketches design team has made some beautiful cards with this sketch so be sure to check them out!

Supplies
Paper:  Whisper White, Vellum (Stampin' Up!
Ink:  Wisteria, Hydrangea, Ultraviolet, Forest Glades (Altenew)
Accessories:  Climbing Cosmos layering stencil (The Ton); Pierced Rectangle STAX (My Favorite Things)

11 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Wow! Isn't this a gorgeous spring delight? LOVE the colors!

Penny Hanuszak said...

My mom always had garden beds filled with Cosmos and your card brings back memories of those days. Beautifully coloured. The vellum strip is a good idea so you don't lose the dynamics of the colouring. Great card!

Lisa Elton said...

WOWEE, Jen!! This is an incredible card, beautifully done!

Nancy said...

This is fabulous!!!!!!

Carol Cel said...

This is gorgeous!

Jacquie Southas said...

This is so gorgeous, Jen, I keep coming back for another look. Love the dimension and used of vellum.

Jen Brum said...

This is gorgeous Jen! I just love those flowers! This sketch is just perfect for them! So springy!!!

Kim S said...

Beautiful! That stencil is amazing - you've created a stunning flower with it. I love the way you cut out the rectangle and then added that soft stripe.

Jen Timko said...

I'm filing this right into my CASE list. GORGEOUS!

Karren said...

Oh wow, this is stun-ning! Carrying the stencil across the layers is genius! Absolutely love this card!

Linda Callahan said...

Not gonna lie - I gasped when I saw this! Wow - amazingly gorgeous - and oh so soft and perfectly put together!!