Tuesday, June 22, 2010

MOJO144 Birthday Bag

I decided to go in a different direction with my take on the MOJO sketch this week.

I felt like making something other than a card, so I decided to make a gift "bag" instead.   I used my fancy favor sizzix die to make the bag and embellished it with some blue bayou dp (I always loved that color *sniff*), taffeta ribbon and brads.  I had it in my head that I should use the birthday stamp from the Four Square set, but I wish I hadn't.  It's really a little too small for this sketch and I had trouble finding something small enough to be the little shaped piece on the right side of one of the squares.  I finally settled on one of the smaller labels four nesties.  All in all I think it came out pretty cute and I'm sure that whoever I give it to will be so impressed with my stamping talents!  That's one of the fabulous things about stamping, I think.  You really don't need any special talent to create something that's beautiful.  And no matter how hard you try to tell non-stampers that they can do it too, they still think you are full of baloney!  If I can convince one non-stamper (are you listening Bea?) that they can do it, I will consider my work here done!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

No comments: