Thursday, September 16, 2010

Color Lab Challenge 10

It’s Thursday and time for another challenge from the Color Lab!


I love making cards with earthy colors. So a card with chocolate chip and crumb cake is right up my alley. And this week we got to pop it up with some splashes of daffodil delight and poppy parade.

As I was surfing through blog-land recently, I came across this card with a gorgeous flower. I hadn’t used my smooch spray nearly enough so I decided to use it making a similar flower. I set to work using the FTL107 sketch challenge as my base, the oh-so delish color lab colors as my palette and here’s what I came up with.

At first I smooched the flower with the log cabin spritz, but it was way too dark. Then I tried it with the gold glow. Ooh! It adds just the right amount of shimmer. I think I’m in love! I put one of the fabulous antique brads in the center and voila! I didn’t use a sentiment, but there’s plenty of room at the bottom to add one later for whatever occasion arises. It’s always good to have cards on hand that are easily adaptable when you need something specific on short notice.

Thanks for stopping by today and don’t forget to pop on over to the Color Lab and create something! We’d love to see what you do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the way your flower turned out, Jen!! What a gorgeouos poppy, I will have to try that shape next. Thanks for linking up to my blog as well, I VERY much appreciate it!