Thursday, September 9, 2010

Color Lab Challenge 9

It’s Thursday and time for another challenge from the Color Lab where I was inspired to make an unusual Halloween card!  But first here's the challenge:


I was so happy to see the colors this week. I have always loved Chocolate Chip, I love the earthiness of More Mustard and I was never so happy when Stampin’ Up! brought back Baja Breeze! What a luscious combination together!

At first I wasn’t sure how I wanted my card to shape up, and then I happened upon Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge and I spied my From the Crypt stamp set.  The adorable skull (how can a skull be adorable, I ask myself?) was practically calling to me. A match made in heaven!  So, I took up the challenges and decided to make a Halloween card with this fabulous combo.

I have to say that I seem to get a bit of a kick out of making Halloween cards out of unusual colors. Last year I made this card, where I demonstrate that pink can be spooky too! I may make it a tradition!

Thanks for stopping by today and don’t forget to pop on over to the Color Lab and create something! We’d love to see what you do.

3 comments:

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great card-the colors worked great with that set!!

Juanita said...

What a great idea for a Halloween card. Love it.

Lori said...

Fabulous non-traditional Halloween color combo--love it!