Friday, October 1, 2010

Easy Sketch with a Friday Mash Up Throw In!

Well, here it is October 1st and I have barely even begun to think about my Christmas cards for this year.  This is SOOOO not like me.  Usually by now, I have obsessed a thousand times about what I'm going to make and have created many different samples on my quest to discover the perfect card.  I always end up settling on five or six different cards and I really enjoy the process.

So today when I saw the Easy Sketch and the Friday Mashup color challenge, I figured time's a-wasting and I'd better get going.

So, I went into the vault and used some really old, retired dp called Wintergreen.  I used this same dp a short while ago, because I've always loved it so much.  It's perfect for holiday cards.  I've got quite a bit left, so I imagine I'll be digging it out again.
This is a really nice, CAS card helped along by a really nice CAS sketch.  Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke look fabulous together.  A while ago, I read on Julee Tilmin's blog that Cherry Cobbler is the red she's been searching for her whole life and I couldn't agree more.  It's really fabulous and if you don't have it, you really ought to get it!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Jeanette you are such a sweetie. I CAN ALWAYS count on you being first! PLUS!!!! I can steal this lovely and simple card for my Christmas Stamp A Stack....Thanks for palying along this week. I miss you!~Donna

ps did you get an invite to Fall Fest?

Holly said...

Great Card.. I love how simple it is with that layout.. a great way to show off DSP.. Thank for playing along with the Mashup!

Terry said...

Hi, thanks for playing with us at Friday Mashup! This is a great card for a stamp-a-stack.