Thursday, October 27, 2011

Paper Players 69

This week at The Paper Players is a sketch designed by Nance.


I was intimidated by this sketch at first.  I wasn't at all sure what I wanted to do for that vertical layer, or for that matter what I was going to do for those flowers.  So I poked around with the supplies that I had and ended up letting the colors of the Well Worn designer paper be my guide.




Once again I found myself turning to an old favorite, French Foliage, for this card.  I inked up the leaves in a combination of Cajun Craze, Not Quite Navy and Early Espresso.  In my wildest dreams I never thought I would use a color combo like that to ink up leaves, but I have to say it looks really good.  A little twine, a button, and this card is good to go!

Thanks for stopping by today!




8 comments:

Lesley said...

Well Worn has seen you through! WOW, this is gorgeous! I love the rustic feel Jen! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!
Hugs,
Lesley

jaydee said...

Jen, another gorgeous card. Absolutely stunning. the addition of the button was the perfect finishing touch. Love the colors with the little pop of blue. GORGEOUS!
So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week
hugs
Jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous, Jen! I LOVE these colors together. The button with twine is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Jenn, this is such a perfect card for the fall season! As always, I love how your clean lines really make every element stand out beautifully. Love that little pop of blue, also. Thanks do much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! Hugs! :)

Julie Marshall said...

Oh my gosh...these colors are fabulous! They are paired ever so perfectly with this paper. Not Quite Navy...who knew??? Great choice. So glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

Everything about this card is gorgeous! Love the colors, the choice of papers, and how you used the elements! Beautiful as usual! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Cindy Hall said...

Wow! I love the 'feel' of this card! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

None None said...

Jen, love the soft, distressed look of your card. I love everything you have done with this DSP. You've really opened my eyes to the possibilities with it.