Saturday, May 12, 2012

Retro Sketches 11 and Dynamic Duos 2

I love Saturday.  Not only is it the beginning of a two-day vacation from work, but it is also the day when there are a lot of challenges that are on my list to check out each week.  Unfortunately, I always seem to run out of time and don't always get to participate in all of them, but today I was lucky enough to combine two of them:  retro sketches and Dynamic Duos.




The big butterfly was cut with the Beautiful Butterflies Sizzix Bigz Die:  I layered some So Saffron cardstock with some DP that I found in my stash that matches extremely well.  I don't know what it's called or where it came from, but it provided a nice addition to my little butterfly.  The sentiment is one of my favorite "happy birthday" stamps from All Holidays.  

Today I spent some time in the garden doing some weeding, mowing the lawn and getting some flowers ready for planting and I'm pooped!  I'm lucky that I had some energy to find my way to my stamp room, but now that I'm here and I've made this card, I find myself completely tapped out and I'm heading off to sleep.
Thanks for stopping by!

24 comments:

Lesley said...

A blissful creation Jen, that sketch is so cool! The card is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!
Lesley

kasia c. said...

GORGEOUS!!!
I love these colurs together and your butterflies are fabulous. I love how you layered them and the sentiment panel :)

Unknown said...

Indeed a classic card. Beautiful!

Vicky Hayes said...

I never would have thought to put So Saffron with Pool Party but it looks great! I love your layered butterfly Jen - and I know all about running out of time!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Beautiful card Jen!

Tracy Ercole said...

This is beautiful, I love it. That is a gorgeous butterfly.

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a beautiful card Jen, your colours are so serene.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is such a gorgeous card with the layered butterfly as the main feature. Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos.

Melissa said...

This is beautiful, Jen! Love that big, layered butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week! :)

Jen Timko said...

Love this one, Jen! That butterfly is perfect for the sketch!

Tara Bourgoin said...

oh, drool! Absolutely, 110% divine. Love this card!!

Kim S said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the various patterns and the simple little banner. Thanks for playing Dynamic Duos!

Sue said...

A very pretty card Luv Sue x

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous card and colours Jen :) :) :)

PatQ's Cards said...

Such a pretty card. Very feminine.

Lisa Elton said...

Jen your layered butterfly really shines on this pretty card! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Stef Perry said...

So beautiful and airy. Love the multilayer butterfly!

Julia Aston said...

Love your layered butterflies on this!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Jen! That butterfly is a stand- out and I really like the clean layout. So glad you joined us at Dynamic Duos! :)

carol (krillsister) said...

Gorgeous. Love all the elements on your card. The butterfly is an awesome focal point. The dotted background is perfect.

Susan Joyce said...

Love the layered butterflies Jen. Very pretty. Thanks' for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

Tracey McNeely said...

Congratulations on your shout out!!

Beverley said...

Love the colour combo so fresh! Congrats on your shout out :)

Allison said...

This is absolutely stunning - bookmarked into my CASE folder!