Sunday, March 3, 2013

Thank You for Inkspirational 9 and CTD31

I meant to post this card the other day and I totally forgot!  I still feel like I'm trying to catch up after going almost four days without Internet access earlier this week, so I've been somewhat discombobulated.  Anyway I wanted to share this card that I made for the Inkspirational sketch challenge with the colors from Color Throwdown.



I broke out the pretty flowers from Summer Silhouettes to do these colors justice.  I stamped the leaves from that set thinking that I had a die to match.  Well, I don't so I fussy cut them with a lot of patience.  It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and I didn't even rip some of the delicate stems!

Well that's it for me today.  I'm off to run some errands than it's back to creating in the old craft cave!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Summer Silhouettes, Made for You (SU)


17 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Jen!

Unknown said...

Another beautiful card.

sandie said...

wow, pretty cool fussy cutting. I love the green strip, with the stitching. Such a great CAS take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational x

Broni said...

Beautiful card, Jen! I love your layered flowers! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Susan said...

Lovely card Jen.
The off centre layered piece is just right for this card......xx

Kristie W. said...

Beautiful card! Love the flowers you used and wow on the fussy cutting of the leaves. You did great!

Lisbeth K said...

Beautiful colors, and the flowers are amazing! I love the green strip! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational this week:)

Nena3110 said...

Beautiful card.
Wish you happy challenge.

Donna Nuce said...

I love how CAS this card is. Gorgeous flowers. Super take on the Inkspirational sketch!

irishgalkelly said...

Beautiful Jen! These colors are so pretty together and the flowers are gorgeous with the paper piercing. You have great patience to fussy cut all those leaves.

Joan Ervin said...

I love how you used the kraft for the background and the yellow flowers are sooo pretty!!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

Nikki said...

Lovely card Jen. Summer Silhouettes is such a great set and I love the colour combination. Thanks for playing along at Inkspirational this week.

Nikki

Kim said...

So, so pretty using these two challenges!! I of course love the little clump of flowers, and really love the lime piece that looks like it has a jungle pattern on it. Your sewing is awesome!! Thanks for playing in the CTD challenge. :>)

Unknown said...

Jen this card is beautiful! I love those flowers and colors! Thanks for joining us this week at Inkspirational!

Ruth M said...

Such a beautiful card Jen, great use of the sketch and the colours! I love that you fussy cut the flowers and leafy stem!
Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Inkspirational & I really hope to see you playing along with us again soon! Ruth x

Mynn xx said...

Absolutely stunning, Jen! LOVE the layered flowers and the fun texture stamped on the green!!! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Such a great card! I really like your stitching detail and the stacked flowers are fabulous. So glad to see you again at Inkspirational!
- Shauna