Friday, March 8, 2013

You Make Me Smile For DS92 and PPA154

I made this tag Thursday night while the wind was howling and the snow was blowing around.  I was really hoping that after the blizzard we had at the beginning of February we had met our quota for snow this winter but apparently Mother Nature is not done with us yet!  The snow is expected to continue throughout the day and I really hope I don't come home from work to find a driveway that is so filled with snow that I can't pull my car into it.

But enough about lousy weather.  I've got a fun tag to share with you today!


Last year I discovered the joy of making tags and when I saw the Deconstructed Sketch this week there was no way I was going to miss it.  And yesterday was also the day the color challenge went up at Pals Paper Arts.  Obviously I had to combine the two!


I'm really pleased with how this turned out and after I made it I realized that I don't necessarily have to use this in the traditional "tag" sense.  I don't think it needs to be fixed to the front of a gift with the traditional "to/from" stamped on it somewhere.  I actually think that this would make a nice focal point on a card front.  So now I've discovered a whole new (to me) way to think about tags!

Thanks for stopping by!  And if you're visiting from the New England area I hope you stay safe until the storm passes.

Supplies:
Stamps:  You (Simon Says Stamp)
Accessories:  Tag Sale #3 die, Beautiful Blooms #3 die (Papertrey Ink); Labels Collection die (SU); You die (Simon Says Stamp); Calypso Coral brad, Calypso Coral baker's twine, Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon (SU)



7 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Your tag makes me smile!

Jen Shults said...

Oooh! This is fantastic! I love that tag base you use and the wonderful layered flower. This is gorgeous! I'm so glad you were able to join us for this week's Deconstructed Sketch.

Jackie Rockwell said...

I'm in the New England area too and the weather is CRAZY! Great time to get some craft projects done though.

Love your tag Jen. The flower is stunning!!!

Dawn Tidd said...

Awesome tag, Jen! It's so fun with all the layers. And it does make me smile. Thanks for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts!

Cindy Hall said...

Oh my gosh, Jen! This is so beautiful. It must have been a welcome break from the weather you're having! Everything about it is so warm and summery. I love that flower and the "You" die cut. Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

Ann Schach said...

Fabulous, Jen! I love the "you"! This is a perfect tag, and a perfect incorporation of the colors. Thanks for playing with the Pals at Pals Paper Arts!

Anonymous said...

great use of the challenge colors. congrats on being a PPA pick!
hugs, m