Thursday, November 19, 2015

Time Out Challenges

I'm back again with another card for Time Out Challenges where I'm guest designing!  Our inspiration comes from Karen.


Karen's card (on the right) featured a sponged stencil design so that's what I did with my card.  I used some yellow and green ink to sponge the rays of that grungy sun stencil.  Then I stamped over it in black with this long, subway-style sentiment.  I thought that it sort of echoed the theme of Karen's.

Once again, I want to send a big thank you to everyone at Time Out Challenges for inviting me to play along with them for this challenge!

And thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Going Somewhere (Tim Holtz)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir)
Ink:  Squeezed Lemonade, Crushed Olive (Distress); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Urban Insiders Square Stencil (Stencil Girl Products)

7 comments:

sandie said...

It really does echo Karen's card. I love the grunge look and the mix of inks is perfect fort he stencil you used. Great sentiment too. Thanks for being our Guest for this challenge x

Suchi said...

Gorgeous card..!! :)
Suchi xx

Karren said...

Those distress ink colors look magical together - I never thought to combine those two colors! Fab card!

Gerrina said...

That is a great stencil; love the way it gives a grungy effect! Beautiful card again; this is really inspiring. Thanks for being Guest designer at TIME OUT! Have a colourfull week!

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats on guesting Jen, your card is amazing!!

Anita in France said...

The glow on the sponged background is fantastic, Jen ... love how it lights up that wonderful (and true!) sentiment! Delighted to have you guest designing with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Nancy said...

This is fantastic Jen, and would make a perfect gift set of cards in various colors! Love it!