Tuesday, November 8, 2016

colourQ 367!

Finally it is election day here in the US.  Hopefully everyone's Facebook feed can return to normal!  It's also time for a new palette from your friends at colourQ.  The colors may say fall to you, but I chose to use flowers.



Everything old is new again.  I found some old SU specialty paper with a bunch of white on white designs so I used a piece of that as my background layer, then I used my scallop Nesties to create the circular layers.  It's been a dog's age since I used a scallop circle!

The layout that inspired those circles is from Just Add Ink and I'm also joining the flower challenge at CAS on Sunday.


Well that's it for me.  I'm typing this in the morning quickly just before I head off to work.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can join us at colourQ this week!

Supplies
Stamps:  Fonds Grunge (4enscrap)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Cool Caribbean, Old Olive, Really Rust, Presto Patterns (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Cool Caribbean (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Classic Scallop Small die, Standard Circles Small die, Standard Circles Large die (Spellbinders); Wild Gardenia die (Essentials by Ellen); Metallic Metal dots (My Mind's Eye)

10 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Perfect use of these colors, Jen! And how much fun is it to pull out those old supplies and make them work so well with more modern designs! LOVE those leaves and flowers. The pretty blue works well with the orange and green, and that sketch lent itself perfectly to your card. Such a pretty card! Bev

Joyce said...

Love all the papers, dies and colors on this card. No stamping??? Wow--this card has a big impact.

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Jen, hard colors weren't they....thanks for always stopping by my blog...I let life get in the way and am not always as good to stop by your place. Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Lisa Elton said...

Sometimes you just don't need to stamp!! And yes, sometimes old is new again!! This is fabulous Jen!!

Karren said...

What a great card using the sketch! You've used the colors beautifully and the flower and leaf dies are gorgeous. So happy to see you over at JAI.

Nikki Spencer said...

Gorgeous! Absolutely love those colours and your use of the Just Add Ink sketch..Beautifully done Jen!
Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Christine Blain said...

I love that you've created so much visual interest, and texture, with no stamping, Jen. Beautiful, fresh, design. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

Anonymous said...

I really like the metallic dots that you have used - create a great focal point Chantell JAI

Linda Callahan said...

Funky and fun!

Susan said...

Such a beautiful card...terrific way to combine the challenges.