Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches 265!

This is officially Christmas card week on my blog.  I love to make Christmas cards but I hope I snap out of this soon because I'm pretty sure I'll be tired of doing the same theme day after day before long.  But today indulge me as we unveil a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, designed by the lovely and talented Narelle.  This one made me think of making a shaker card.



I recently got a sequin mix that was full of bits and bobs in Christmas colors and that is what I thought of when I started working on my card for this sketch.  I added a festive sentiment and I was done!  It sounds like I just whipped this thing up but it actually took a while to do - partly because I backed the shaker window with some teeny-tiny thick foam sticky squares that took forever to peel off to reveal the actual sticky stuff.  Note to self:  burn those.

I'm joining a few Christmas challenges around blogland too:  CAS on Sunday and Christmas Card Challenges.


I don't know about you, but I can hardly believe that today is the last day of November.  Nothing like the year whizzing by!  Thanks for stopping by and please pop on over to Freshly Made Sketches to check out the inspiration from the design team.  We hope you've got some time to join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Wonderful Words - Holiday (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White (Gina K Pure Luxury); Baja Breeze (Stampin' Up!); Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink); Cryogen White
Ink:  Baja Breeze (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Merry Christmas die (Simon Says Stamp); Circles die (Little B); Blueprints 20 die (My Favorite Things); Christmas Couture Mix (The Ton)

9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love this shaker card.....I am so lazy about making them! Your die cuts worked beautifully and yes Christmas is rushing at us.....I am never ready.....

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Fabulous shaker card! Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Challenges.

Amy O said...

I love that you made a shaker card with this sketch! And I love the bits and bobs you've filled it with and the fab circle outline stamp. Thinking of you this week as my hubbie is in your neck of the woods this week, working in Boston. Wish I could have tagged along and come to stamp with you!

Lisa Elton said...

That's a pretty little shaker Jen!!

Karren said...

I was too lazy to make a shaker card, even though that was my first thought. Kudos to you for perservering with the sticky foam to make this beautiful card!

Jen Timko said...

I love the sequin mix you chose. This is such a fun and happy card!! And don't forget to burn those things. No one has time for that!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fantastic card Jen! I love it's a shaker card! It's so fun for Christmas! I love the die you used to create the circle! Super fun!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow Jen! This card is CAS perfection! The card I would love to have made! I love those bright and cheerful colors so much too.

Narelle Farrugia said...

I adore everything about this gorgeous shaker card Jen!