Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches 275!

Well here we are at Wednesday again.  The days are whizzing by and little by little it's staying lighter in the evenings a bit longer.  Pretty soon it will be light out when I go home from work!  It's the little things, right?

Today's little thing is a great new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  Our friend down under, Narelle designed it and I love it!


There's a great color challenge at The Papers Players this week and I just happened to have some shiny copper washi tape at my disposal so I was good to play along.  I took one strip of washi tape and stuck it to a narrow piece of cardstock then ran it through my crimper - that's my short horizontal layer.  The washi tape, unadorned, became the larger horizontal layer.

I learned from Narelle that leaves don't have to be green so I die cut mine out of gray.  I paired them with these pink flowers.  The sentiment is from a really old SU set that I got on eBay many years ago.  I bought it because I loved this particular sentiment (and got lots of other ones in the bargain) .  I should use it more!


Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the cards from the Freshly Made Sketches design team.  We hope you'll join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Artful Flowers (Simon Says Stamp); All Year Cheer I, Gorgeous Grunge (Stampin' Up!)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Smoky Slate, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Smoky Slate (Stampin' Up!); Metallic Copper (Ink It Up)
Accessories:  copper washi tape

16 comments:

Kim S said...

What a lovely grouping of flowers and leaves! I love it grounded with the black stripes.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A gorgeous card Jen and immediately recognisable as one of yours! Love the copper washi and fussy cut flowers. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

Stunning way to incorporate the sketch and the colors! I'm with Joanne....I recognized your signature style right away! That copper accent is wonderful! Thanks for sharing this with us this week at the Paper Players!

Shelly said...

This is gorgeous!

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!

Lisa Elton said...

This is so you Jen and so beautiful! I've learned that about leaves too. The florist in me wants to make them green LOL, but I jump out of that box now and again!!

Linda Callahan said...

I love this.....you do have a way with flowers....and Narelle's thoughts on leaves make for some beautiful compositions....especially this one!

Kara Lynne said...

This is gorgeous, Jen! Even the splatter is perfectly composed! Something about gray leaves looks so modern and you've used those colors beautifully with this sketch!

Stampingcountry said...

Such a pretty, light and airy card!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, WOW, so beautiful, Jen!!!! Love the soft pink flowers and the leaves in grey!!!!! The copper washi is just great!!!! A wonderful take on the sketch and lovely use of the colours!!!!
Hugz

Karren said...

Crimping the copper is such a cool look! And the grey leaves look perfect. All in all a pretty fabulous card! And here's to it being light when we get home from work.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card Jen! I love those flowers and leaves! Such soft colours and so very pretty!

Nance Leedy said...

I am a fan of non traditional colors and I adore your gray leaves--they're gorgeous and my eye was drawn to them right away! Such a clever way to use your copper washi tape for double duty--it looks fabulous both ways. Gorgeous card, as always, my friend! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I am totally in love with this card! I love me a flower (as you know) and this flower and leaf combo is just gorgeous!

Rita W said...

I love the gray and pink. I did some gray leaves myself this week. I think leaves can be any neutral or green. :)

Jen Timko said...

That copper and the crimping are amazing! Such a beautiful card!