Thursday, July 8, 2021

Fusion - Blue Decor

It's time for a brand new challenge from your friends at Fusion.  After a few weeks of playing along with just the sketch, I decided to create some Fusion this time around and combine the sketch with the inspiration photo.  As you will see I interpreted that photo quite literally!



I really liked the geometric shapes in the photo so loosely following them I added a few to my card front.  I chose Not Quite Navy cardstock from Stampin' Up! as the blue background and in real life it looks very close to the dark blue wall in the photo but in my pic it looks quite bright.  Not what I intended!

I liked the idea of a pop of a different color to break up the shades of blue so I took my cue from the red ottoman and the circular shapes that make up the tall pineapple stand in the photo and added a line of small red circles.  I hemmed and hawed about whether to add a big sentiment to all that blue space but couldn't decide on one that didn't detract from the clean, geometric lines of the card so I left this one blank.  I can always add one later!

Thanks for stopping by!  My Fusion teammates have made some great cards for this challenge so be sure to check them out!

Supplies
Paper:  Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy (Stampin' Up!); Cherry (Avery Elle)
Accessories:  Blueprints 21 die (My Favorite Things); 1 1/2-inch circle punch

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

The geometric modern look to the challenge photo had me stumped, but you nailed it perfectly! SO COOL!

Nora Noll said...

Oh how I adore the geometrics on this!! GORGEOUS card design.

Linda Callahan said...

I love your graphic design!

Lisa Elton said...

A fabulous abstract work of art, Jen!

Wanda Cullen said...

You totally rocked this challenge with your simple geometric design! I wish I had your CAS talent!

Fran Wing said...

I think this card is brilliant! xoxo Fran