Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches 493

I've apparently got Christmas on my mind because for the second sketch in a row at Freshly Made Sketches I incorporated another Christmas theme.  Our hostess is Karren and she's given us a great sketch that I broadly interpretated.  😉



In the interest of full disclosure I ask that you don't look too closely at the birch tree on the left!  This is the first time I used this layered stamp set and they are long and a bit unwieldy when trying to use a stamp positioner to get good placement.  I was doing ok until I got to the final stamp when it came out a bit off to the left.  Ugh.  So I put it aside and attempted the layout all over again.  BUT I DID IT AGAIN!!!  Version number one looked better than version number two so that's what I went with and covered up the worst of my transgressions with the sentiment and a sweet cardinal.

My fellow Freshly Made Sketches teammates had no such problems with their cards so be sure to check them out!  I hope you can join us in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Birch Impressionism (Altenew); Joy (The Stamp Market)
Paper:  Whisper White, Real Red (Stampin' Up!); Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Limestone, Silver Stone, Industrial Diamonds, Pure Graphite (Altenew); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Forest Majesty die (Whimy Stamps); Branch punch (Martha Stewart)

5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Lol....at least you are consistent - doing it twice! I didn't even notice until you pointed it out! Love the simple sweetness of this card and the pop of red!

Lisa Elton said...

Your trees look terrific, Jen! Nothing in nature is absolutely perfect! Love the pops of red on your fabulous card!

Allisa said...

Your card turned out gorgeous! It certainly evokes the feeling of peace!

Amy O said...

I love the different shades of color on these pretty trees! And the little pops of red from the birds is perfect! Pretty card, Jen!

Karren said...

This is such a fun and clever take on the sketch and go you for making more Christmas cards! You are so disciplined!