Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches 592

A busy work schedule last week caused me to miss last week's challenge at Freshly Made Sketches, so I was determined to not miss this weeks sketch.  Our hostess is Cécile and her sketch is so fun!



The sketch has got some sailboat vibes but I really wanted to make a card to add to my Christmas stash.  At first I though the triangles might work as Christmas trees, but as I was browsing my stamps I found one that had some wise men with angular shapes that sort of mimicked the sketch so I decided to go with those.  

I sponged the circle and added the star, in keeping with the Christmas theme, and stamped the "wise men" in silhouette.  (Although I think the one on the right is a female (Mary) accepting a gift from the magi).  The sentiment, tucked in perfectly.

As this is a one layer card and pretty simple in nature I'm going to add it to Less is More!


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope we'll see you in the Freshly Made Sketches gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Three Kings (Penny Black); Star of Light (Stampin' Up!)
Paper:  Bristol Smooth
Ink:  Fossilized Amber, Wild Honey (Distress Oxide); Onyx Black (Versafine); Nocturne (Versafine Clair)

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is a new favorite from you Jen, it's gorgeous! What and creative take on the sketch!

Jen Brum said...

This is just the perfect take on the sketch Jen! The perfect Christmas card! Love those wisemen and the big moon! You're so creative!

Pamela said...

such a simple and stunning CAS type Christmas card, I feel like this type of card is so hard to make. Thank you for joining us at Less is More

Kathyk said...

Love your silhouettes against the bright colour, such a lovely make for your Christmas 2023 quota

Kathyk

Linda Callahan said...

You are a genius! So simple and oh so perfect! Beautifully done!

Judy Rozema said...

This is brilliant! I absolutely love your sketch interpretation. Those wisemen are perfect!

Karren said...

This is totally perfect for the sketch! You are a genius! Fabulous card!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Jen this is fantastic - the perfect interpretation of this sketch!