Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches 624

Our newest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches comes to us from Kim.  Her sketch just called out to me to use up some of the patterned paper in my stash.



This particular patterned paper that I used is a favorite of mine for Christmas cards because of the earthy colors.  The rich greens and dark reds are perfect together and look great with my favorite Christmas flower:  the poinsettia.  I accented the earthy tones of this card with some leaves in brushed gold cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a chance to play along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Supplies
Stamps:  Signature Christmas (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Brushed Gold, Deck the Halls DSP (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Blooming Poinsettia die (Memory Box)

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

So very lovely, Jen! I think you were brilliant making it a Christmas card using some of your favorite patterned papers!
=]

JoAnn said...

Love the poinsettia - one of my favorites. Your card is lovely with those papers.
I just made my first Christmas card for 2024 too.

Kim S said...

Beatuiful!! The poinsettia is amazing - and the patterns behind it are just right to show it off!

Linda Callahan said...

Elegant card for the holidays! Love the papers you used!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a pretty card! I love that big poinsettia! Love the subtle colours of your patterned paper as well! Perfect for Christmas! You're going to have your Christmas cards done in no time!

Karren said...

Another gorgeous holiday card and the neutral background is perfect to make that poinsettia pop!

Cécile RIBON said...

Such a beautiful card, Jen! I love this subbtle mix of patterned papers, so elegant.