Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 98

It's my turn to be the hostess at Freshly Made Sketches and this week I thought I'd give you all a square card.  Those happen to be my favorite and I don't really know why!  I actually had a bit of stamper's block when I sat down at my desk to make my card this week.  After two tries and a long break, I made a third finally settled on that one.


The colors are from Dynamic Duos and they are totally fabbo together!  And I especially love how they look with Crumb Cake.  But who am I kidding?  Everything looks better with Crumb Cake!


I sure hope you can join us in the Freshly Made Sketches gallery this week.  And don't be put off by the square card.  If rectangles are more your thing, then by all means turn the sketch into a rectangle!  The design team has created their usual fantastic samples so be sure to check them out.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Nature's Elements (Stamper's Anonymous)
Accessories:  Stitched Mats Square die (Lil' Inker Designs); sequins (Studio Calico); crochet thread


11 comments:

LeAnne said...

Beautiful, Jen! Love the sketch!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen this is fabulous, I love the butterfly and the sequins. Glad you persevered, the card turned out just right! Thank you for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos!

Linda Callahan said...

I love square cards as well! This is lovely with the bright spot of white and color against the neutral! Thanks for a great sketch!

Rita W said...

Gorgeous! I wouldn't have thought to pair those with Crumb Cake, but then again, I'm not Jen M! ;) You are making me want those stitched mat dies SOOO bad!

Jen Timko said...

Yes, everything is better with Crumb Cake (*smile*). This is awesome...beautiful clean lines. Classic you! Fabulous!

irishgalkelly said...

Hey Jen! What a fabulous sketch and a great card! I love your mix with crumb cake too. It's a great neutral. I can't wait to try this sketch and think it will be used more than once!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous, Jen! Gorgeous background, gorgeous sentiment, gorgeous everything! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

Narelle Farrugia said...

You are amazing! When I put the same colours on top of each other, they fade into one another! You always create the loveliest cards Jen!

Amy O said...

I do love these colors with Crumb Cake! I wouldn't have thought of pairing them with Crumb Cake either. Pretty card, Jen! And a fun sketch!

Linda Suarez said...

I love this Jen! And I love your sketch too!

Cindy Hall said...

This is so gorgeous, Jen! I love the colors with the Crumb Cake, too! That stitched-edge die is fab, too!