Tuesday, October 11, 2016

colourQ 363!

I love long weekends!  They allow me to do some crafting in a relaxing way.  Before I show you my card for the latest challenge at colourQ I'd like to take a moment to thank the PR machine this is Christopher Columbus.  Hundreds of years ago he set sail from Europe for the East Indies, wound up in the Bahamas, and somehow managed to get the United States Congress to name a holiday after him.  Nice work!  Personally I don't care what the day is called.....I'm just grateful for an extra day off!  Now onto the challenge:



I'm feeling the Halloween bug so I dug out this interesting image from my stash.  At first glance it probably doesn't look very Halloween-ish but if you look closely there is a big bat in the middle, a few spiders, some spider webs, and a pair of ghoulish eyes.  It's a cool image and perfect for some Halloween fun.  In order to tone down the white against the newsprint background I took a Copic marker and colored in the inner parts of the image then traced an outline around the image.  Tough to see in the photo but it really helps the transition from white to off-white, I think.  The fun layout comes from the latest challenge at Sketch Saturday.


Thanks for stopping by!  Please pop on over to colourQ and check out our challenge there.  The design team has made some great cards for you to see.  I hope to see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  From the Crypt (Stampin' Up!)
Paper:  Black (Simon Says Stamp); Perfect Plum (Stampin' Up!); Solar White (Neenah)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine); Copic E50
Accessories:  Pierced Square STAX (My Favorite Things); black embossing powder

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Super cool card, Jen!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the lilac with this image Jen!! Cool card!

Karren said...

So cool! The black mats make everything pop! Glad you got an extra day in your weekend.

Joyce said...

This is so cool. I did not notice the bat until you pointed it out. So very clever.

Gale said...

Fab card Jen. That is a really cool image. Thanks for sharing with us at Sketch Saturday and we hope to see you again soon. Hug, Gale DT