Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches 354

Hello, hello!  It's Wednesday so that means we've got a new sketch challenge for you at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week our sketch is brought to you by Linda.



I had a bit of trouble with this sketch.  Those vertical panels threw me for a loop!  The first card that I made for this sketch didn't make the cut so I went back to the drawing board and made this one.  I used a stamp that is actually the rays of the sun to make the three thin trees.  I was inspired by the colors at Sunday Stamps so I stamped my "trees" in those colors then added some falling snow around them. 

Thanks for stopping by!  My amazing Freshly Made Sketches teamies had no trouble with this sketch so be sure to check out their cards.  I'm sure they will inspire you to play along with us!

Supplies
Stamps:  Bright Days (Avery Elle); Ways to Say Merry Christmas (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Hawaiin Shores (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Sea Glass, Raspberry, Aquamarine (Avery Elle)
Accessories: Falling Snow stencil (Simon Says Stamp); white embossing paste (Dreamweaver)

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Very retro artsy! Love the colors! Beautiful!

Heather said...

This is gorgeous - I love our colors on those trees! Such a fun holiday card... Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Lisa Elton said...

I like your sparkle skinny trees Jen! This is modern and fun!

Karren said...

Using sun rays to make trees is so very clever! And what wonderful colors! Gorgeous card.

Stampingcountry said...

How creative of you to use rays of sunshine as trees!

Jen Brum said...

Such a great Christmas card Jen! I love those sparkly trees and that falling snow! Pretty colours too! Love it!

Amy O said...

I love how you've used the trees with this sketch, and the colors are so pretty and are a fun Christmas card color combo. Pretty card, Jen!

Hannelie said...

I LOVE the fresh modern look of this Christmas card... and your creative use of the sketch!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Doesn't look like you had ANY trouble with the sketch because those trees are awesome and work perfectly for the sketch. I love, love, love this festive card!

Melissa Grant said...

Lol I had a bit of trouble myself with the FMS sketch, but you did a fabulous job! And, the colors are perfect for our SUNDAY STAMPS challenge. Thanks for sharing with us :)

Annette Elliott said...

Super hip Christmas card using this weeks color challenge, Jen! Thanks for playing with this weeks chalkenge.