Thursday, January 31, 2019

CAS(E) This Sketch 307

It's time to bring January to a close and to debut a new challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch.  It's a classic design!



I saw the color challenge at the Color Throwdown and wanted to play along.  I stepped into my stamp room, spied this beautiful butterfly stamp and knew I could make those colors work with this butterfly as my focal point.  I added some patterned paper and a strip of dark brown and easy peasy I was done.


The white space needed some jazzing up so I added a few enamel dots.  Then I added a wee sentiment on that dotted patterned paper. Then I stopped myself from doing anything else.  Sometimes you just have to leave well enough alone!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you can join us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Supplies
Stamps:  Papillon (The Stamp Market); Tiny Words (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!); The Sorbet Collection (Avery Elle)
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, More Mustard (Stampin' Up!); Fallen Leaves (Versafine Clair)
Accessories:  Papillon die (The Stamp Market); enamel dew drops (Freckled Fawn)

8 comments:

Shelly said...

Simply beautiful, Jen!

Lisa Elton said...

If only we could really close out January with pretty little yellow butterflies! Darling card Jen!

Wanda Cullen said...

Jen, I love your beautiful CAS design which highlights these colors so beautifully! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! Love that butterfly and the use of the blue patterned paper!! Stunning card!

Karren said...

You do butterflies so well! This card is fabulous and uses the challenge colors perfectly.

Dielightfile said...

Love your butterfly the colours are amazing :)

Lynn Put said...

This is such a pretty card with a lovely clean design. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Color Throwdown.

Vickie Z said...

Perfect use of the sketch and colors! So happy you joined us at CTD!