Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches 373

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our sketch this week is designed by Kim and I thought it would make a nice valentine.


Inspired by the colors at Sunday Stamps I created an ombre design with the angled stripes and then dug out a very ancient Stampin' Up! set and stamped the big heart.  And an obvious choice was this valentine sentiment that followed the diagonal perfectly.



The battery died on my camera just as I was about to take the pic of this card.  Not wanting to delay I took the pic on my mobile phone instead.  It is so dark!  I'm embarrassed to show it but didn't have enough time to wait for the battery to charge and take a better one.  So there you have it!

The Freshly Made Sketches design team has created some great cards for this challenge so be sure to check them out for inspiration.  I hope you'll join us in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Love You Much (Stampin' Up); Love (Hero Arts)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Rose Red (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Rose Red, Regal Rose (Stampin' Up!)

10 comments:

Heather said...

So simple and sweet, Jen - I remember this heart! Love your ombre band as well - just beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Kim S said...

I love that heart with the dainty little flowers - wonderful with the ombre look!

Lisa Elton said...

Your heart with all of the little flowers is delightful! I like your colors, this is a sweet card Jen!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet Valentine! Perfect colors and I love the flowered heart!

stampwithamyk said...

Just perfect! I love your clean design and the colors are fantastic with it. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Melissa Grant said...

Love this! Simple and clean and colors work so well with our color challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at SUNDAY STAMPS :)

Jen Brum said...

Love this card Jen! That heart is so sweet and I love the the shades of pink! So pretty!

Being Mrs Miles said...

How sweet Jen,

Your hues make me think of a pretty pink rainbow and the heart brings your card together so beautifully!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Ahhh, great minds think alike! I am loving your version of the heart/Valentine card. Wonderful monochromatic card!

Karren said...

Those ombre angled stripes look so cool behind that gorgeous heart! Such a great card, Jen!