Thursday, February 14, 2019

CAS(E) This Sketch 309

I'll admit that the challenge this week at CAS(E) This Sketch had me troubled when I first saw it.  I had a few design ideas floating around in my head but none that I really liked.  Then, as I was perusing my stash, I came across this cover up die and thought that I could use all those angles to replicate the shapes of the challenge.



Although not exact, the cutouts on the background die gave me some room to add colors in the approximate shape of the banners in the upper and lower corners of the sketch.  The other die cuts replicate the small diamonds across the middle but I added the YOU die cut overlaid with a birthday sentiment to reinforce that design.

I am also playing along with the die cut challenge at Happy Little Stampers and the color challenge at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.


Thanks for stopping by!  And please check out the amazing cards from the design team at CAS(E) This Sketch for some amazing inspiration.  I hope you'll join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  All About You (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  Fresh Snow Linen (Papertrey Ink); Simply Chartreuse (Papertrey Ink); Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Nocturne (Versafine Clair)
Accessories:  Diagonal Plaid Cover Up die (Lil' Inker Designs); All About You die (My Favorite Things); Skinny Mini Banners die (Papertrey Ink)

9 comments:

sentsue said...

Jen, this is perfect. It was a challenging sketch to keep simple but you did a fantastic job. Nice work!

I Card Everyone said...

OMG there it is!!! Amazing card, Jen!! LOve that cover panel!
=]

Chris Smith said...

What a striking spin on this sketch! This seems like a challenging sketch and I really appreciate your inspiration.

Lisa Elton said...

NAILED IT!! This is incredible Jen!!

Linda Callahan said...

Yeow that is one tough sketch and you rocked it! Love this!

Nancy said...

Absolutely love this Jen! Thanks for inspiring!!!

Lin said...

A great take on the sketch, and I love the green as your color of choice with black and white! Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Kim S said...

What a fun and creative use of the sketch! I love it!!

donna mikasa said...

Such a perfect take on the sketch! Love the "greens" too!