Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches 376

I think it's been a few weeks since I made a Christmas card so our latest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches became the inspiration for the latest card to go into my Christmas card stash.  Our hostess is Karren and her sketch is simple and elegant.



I have been dying to CASE this card and finally bought the stamp set that had the lovely buffalo plaid image.  It's not as wide as the horizontal layer on the sketch so I cut my card down to a 4 1/4-inch square so that it would be more in proportion.  I added some holly leaves, which I think are a little large for this wee card, but the glue is permanent so they are staying!  The "joy" sentiment was die cut from some glimmer paper so that I could play along with Jingle Belles.

I love sketches like this where the design leaves a lot of room for interpretation - the gallery is always so diverse!  I hope you have a chance to check out the inspiration from our Freshly Made Sketches design team and join us!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Sending Joy, Spruce & Sprigs (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Desert Storm (Neenah); Real Red, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!); gold glitter (Recollections)
Ink:  Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink); Nocturne (Versafine Clair)
Accessories:  Spruce & Sprigs die, Bold Borders Flurries die (Papertrey Ink)

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

You are truly way ahead of me now for the holidays! I love this with the glittery sentiment and big holly!

Shelly said...

Simply, gorgeous!

Nora Noll said...

Simply beautiful!!

Happy Dance said...

I like the large holly on this card, Jen. The leaves and branch balance the sentiment well, at least that's what my eyes are saying, lol! The plaid is the perfect anchor for all your elements, too. Looks like it would be a good one to make several of for this upcoming Christmas... Very sweet. Bev

Lisa Elton said...

It's a wonderful CASE and a wonderful card! I do love that Joy die cut!

SmilynStef said...

Lovin' that glimmery JOY ... and what a great job with the sketch ... so glad you helped us *glitter* at Jingle Belles.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a pretty card Jen! I just love the stamped plaid and the sparkly Joy! So perfect for Christmas! I had to laugh when you said it had been a few weeks since you made a Christmas card!!! I haven't made one for a few months!!!!

Amy O said...

I love the mix of glimmer paper and kraft! Fabulous Christmas card, Jen!

Karren said...

There you go again, with your Christmas cards - putting the rest of us to shame :) . But, oh, what a gorgeous Christmas card - I just adore that big die-cut word!

Jen Timko said...

You crazy Christmas overachiever!!! This is amazing. I love the plaid and with the sparkle of the sentiment it is over the top.

lauren bergold said...

Such an amazingly appealing card. That metallic gold sentiment is just perfect! So pleased you could get sparkly with us at JINGLE BELLES!