Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches 404

The calendar says Wednesday so that means it's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  The calendar also says autumn but the temperatures outside are saying summer, so what do I know!  I am loving these dog days of summer, though. Winter is coming so I want to enjoy this warm weather as long as possible.  But back to our Freshly Made Sketches challenge.  This week our hostess is Amy and I love her classic sketch.



I used some scraps I had on my desk from my favorite poinsettia die plus the colors from the latest Just Us Girls challenge pointed me in the direction of a Christmas card.  I loved that little oval on Amy's sketch so I dug deep into my stash to find my long-neglected oval nesties.  I put that altogether and voilà!  My card was born!


Thanks for stopping by!  I've checked out the cards my Freshly Made Sketches teammates have made and you do not want to miss them so be sure to check them out!  I hope you'll join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Tiny Words Christmas (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Mint Julep (Papertrey Ink); Basic Gray (Stampin' Up!); Solar White (Neenah); vellum (Graphix)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Petite Scallop Ovals Small die (Spellbinders); Layered Poinsettia die (Penny Black); Subtle embossing folder, silver cord (Stampin' Up!); enamel dot (Freckled Fawn)

12 comments:

LeAnne said...

Simply gorgeous! And you've given me an idea for my next Christmas card camp, because I just purchased a pretty poinsettia die! Thanks!

Judy Rozema said...

I adore the color and delicate poinsettia! Beautiful!

Linda Callahan said...

So airy and light.....delightful!

Lisa Elton said...

The mint green and your pretty white poinsettia look marvelous together!

Ina G said...

Simply beautiful Jen. The white poinsettia is stunning. Great take on our colour challenge at JUGS. Thanks for sharing with us.

Bobby said...

I saw this on IG and now that it's in the JUGS gallery I just had to say how absolutely gorgeous your card is, Jen. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls.

Lisa Kind said...

Love the poinsettia and the design of your card! Great use of the JUGs colors and so happy you were able to pull a card together quickly using them. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Jen Brum said...

Oh wow! This is just beautiful Jen! I love the white poinsettia! It's so delicate looking! The light green is a perfect colour for it to be paired with! You'll have all of your Christmas cards done in no time!

Amy O said...

I love that vellum flower! And the soft color scheme is gorgeous. Such a pretty card, Jen!

Jacquie Southas said...

So gorgeous - I adore the vellum poinsettia with the mint background!

Nora Noll said...

This is BREATHTAKING!! I love the colors you chose and that vellum poinsettia is just GORGEOUS!!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! Jen! That vellum poinsettia is so delicate and beautiful!