Friday, September 13, 2019

Tag You're It 96

We've got a fun new challenge for you at Tag You're It.  It's a button theme and as luck would have it I've had some button/flower dies in my stash for ages and finally I've got a good excuse to use them!



I liked the pretty patterns on the buttons in the inspiration photo so I combed through my patterned paper stash and found some pretty paper with patterns that made cute buttons!  Then I thought it would be fun to add a flourish background to my tag and strategically place my faux buttons around the flourish.  I actually ended up using quite a few things in my stash that have gone un-loved for a long time so I'm happy about that. 😀

I especially liked this challenge because my mother is a bit of an amateur seamstress.  She sewed when I was a child and taught me some basic skills (which I complemented in high school with some sewing classes).  She's 84 years old and recently started working with a volunteer group that sews dresses that are donated to children in poor countries.  She's become known in her group of seamstresses for embellishing her dresses with buttons, and bows, and lace so I plan on giving her some supplies so that she can continue to do that.  This tag is perfect to add to my little gift!

Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow Tag You're It design team members have made some fantastic tags for our challenge so I hope you have a chance to check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Canvas (Stampin' Up!); Simple Sentiments (Avery Elle)
Paper:  Fine Linen (Papertrey Ink): Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Fine Linen (Papertrey Ink); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Medium Flourish die (My Favorite Things); Button Stacks die, Button Stacks II die (Papertrey Ink); black seam binding ribbon; black crochet thread

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like the textured tag base, this is charming Jen! How wonderful that your mom is doing this for the children. God Bless her!!

Cécile RIBON said...

This lovely! and oh so classy!, Jen! Love that bog black bow paired withe the kraft tag.