Thursday, December 3, 2020

CAS(E) This Sketch 400

What a cool sketch we have for you this week at CAS(E) This Sketch!  I love the bold stripes on the sketch but wasn't quite sure how to incorporate them into my design so I ended up doing some subtle texture with embossing paste instead.  I think it looks just as good!



I made a little cluster of traditional winter greenery, stamped with the colors from the latest Sunday Stamps challenge, over my embossed honeycomb design.  I used pearlescent embossing paste for that honeycomb and it looks so pretty in real life!  The sentiment tucked in perfectly amid those hexagons.


Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow CAS(E) This Sketch teammates have made some great cards with this sketch so be sure to check them out!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Spruce & Sprigs (Papertrey Ink); Contempo Christmas (Stampin' Up!)
Paper:  Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Pinefeather, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink); Frayed Leaf, Ruby Red (Altenew)
Accessories:  Honeycomb stencil (Heidi Swapp); pearlescent embossing paste (Dreamweaver)

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

You substituted gorgeousness for those stripes, Jen!! Just love your card! Now where have I put that PTI set...
=]

Lisa Elton said...

So PRETTY Jen!!

Heather said...

VERY pretty, Jen - love the bold look of your holly and berries here! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Barb Ghig said...

Love this PTI set and how you added texture with embossing paste! Another gorgeous Christmas card, Jen!

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I love your cluster of greenery!!

Ida said...

I like the embossed honeycomb texture and the dies you used. It's a wonderful card.

Annette Elliott said...

Another beautiful creation, Jen! I love the embossing paste! So very creative! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Stamps! challenge this week. Merry Christmas!

Kim S said...

I love your grouping of bold Christmas elements with the fun background you created! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!!