Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches 488

Hi friends!  It's my time to be the hostess at Freshly Made Sketches - always a nail-biter for me!  This time around I made a no-frills sketch, but it's still got some room for your clever interpretation.



When I make a sketch I don't work backwards, meaning I don't make a card and then draw up the sketch based on the card.  I just come up with the sketch and hope for divine inspiration when it comes to actually making a card with it. 😊 This time around when I sat at my desk to make my card I was lucky enough to have some extra inspiration in the form of the dots challenge at Just Us Girls and the Tic-Tac-Toe challenge at The Paper Players (middle row across). 

Originally the ribbon and sentiment layers were a bit longer and I tried to add a few staples on the right side of them to be interesting, but my stapler wouldn't cooperate (read:  user error) and I made a big mess and had to cut down both layers to get rid of said big mess.  However, since I firmly believe in the old adage "there are no mistakes in stamping" I forged ahead with my modified version and all is right in the world.


Thanks for stopping by!  My Freshly Made Sketches teammates have made some awesome cards with my sketch so please stop on by to check them out.  I hope we'll see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Tons of Type (The Stamp Market)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Poppy Parade, Wild Wasabi, Basic Black (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versfine)
Accessories:  Subtle embossing folder (Stampin' Up!); enamel dew drop (Freckled Fawn); seam binding ribbon

12 comments:

Kim S said...

LOVE the sketch and I love how you used it - that pop of red on the b/w is so eye-catching!

Linda Callahan said...

Great sketch! And I need to round corners more often - such a sweet look! And I love those polka dots!

LeAnne said...

I am glad you forged ahead with your "mess" because, as usual, it turned out beautifully! I plan to play with your sketch this week too! I've missed the last couple and am having FMS withdrawal! Thanks for playing with my Paper Players challenge this week!

Lisa Elton said...

You adapted and you overcame! This is cute, love the dots!

Macimbalo said...

Such striking dots! Thanks for sharing at JUGS!

Claire Broadwater said...

Jen, this is amazing! I love the polka dots and that gorgeous bloom. What a great sketch, too!I am so happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love your sketch this week Jen and am definitely going to try and play along! I love how you paired it with our TTT board this week to create your pretty card. That tiny dot background showcases your bold red flower beautifully. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous sketch and gorgeous card, Jen! I love those tiny polka dots and your color palette is just beautiful! Love those rounded corners, too...I always forget to use my corner rounder :)

Rosemary said...

thanks for the lovely comment on my card! i don't think you will regret it if you get the hand-penned petals bundle! thanks for creating a fabulous sketch!

Ida said...

Great sketch and card. This makes a wonderful holiday card.

Jen Brum said...

Oh this is just fabulous! I just love that flower and the gorgeous white background! Thanks for an amazing sketch this week!

Narelle Farrugia said...

So elegant! I love your choice of image and DSP that makes the poinsettia pop!