Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches 492

 🎵🎶🎵  We're having a heat wave...a tropical heat wave  🎵🎶🎵 It's our second one of the year and it's only technically been summer for about 9 days!  So to celebrate my 100-degree weather I decided to take Cécile's new design for Freshly Made Sketches and make a Christmas card.  Dreaming about Christmas won't help the weather outside but it makes me smile all the same!



Cécile always designs the most artful cards - and sketches - and I was excited to create a clean and simple card for this sketch.  I added a bit of texture with the embossed square in the center and decided to mount it to a layer of gold glimmer paper.  The red poinsettia gives this a beautiful pop of color.  The gold cord completes the look and allows me to enter this into the Christmas Card Throwdown challenge following the far right column.


Thanks for stopping by!  As always my Freshly Made Sketches teammates have dreamed up some beautiful cards with this sketch so be sure to check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Christmas Mini Cluster (The Ton)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Cherry (Avery Elle); gold glimmer (Recollections)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Poinsettia die (Paper Smooches); Decorative Dots embossing folder, gold cord (Stampin' Up!)

10 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch, Jen! I love how you added texture with the embossed square and the gold cord is the perfect touch! Another stunning card!

Amy O said...

I like your thinking! Christmas for the dog-days of Summer heat. And I love this pretty card! The loops of gold cord are fabulous!

Nora Noll said...

I am loving the glitter edge on your card. The pop of read really draws your eye in. Beautiful design.

Lisa Elton said...

You've given us a cute "cool down" card! I like that little bit of sparkle and of course those sweet polka dots!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautifully elegant - like her sketch! And we have had that heat wave too! Toooo warm for the polar bear that I live with!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wonderful CAS design! I love the addition of the gold twine! Thanks so much for joining us at 52CCT:)

Jacquie Southas said...

The gold adds so much elegance to this design, Jen!

Karren said...

White, gold and red are such an elegant colour combo and your card embodies elegance and beauty. So gorgeous!

TracyB said...

A lovely card and a great use of the TicTacToe elements. Thanks for playing along with my challenge this week. I hope that you will come and play with us again soon.

Karen said...

An elegant CAS Christmas card! I love the way you've incorporated the different elements!