Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches 517

Well hello!  I've been MIA on my blog for a few weeks enjoying a holiday break, but I'm back today with a brand new card for our challenge at Freshly Made Sketches!  We are starting off the new year with a fun sketch from Amy and I surprised myself by making a Valentine.  Usually the new year has me nostalgic for more Christmas cards but this year I've apparently started a new trend!




Those squares on the sketch became an arrangement of hearts on my card and I added a slim sentiment across them.  To create some interest on the background I embossed it in a diamond pattern and added a bit of color at the top and bottom.  All in all a super easy card to create!

Thanks for stopping by!  Our amazing Freshly Made Sketches design team has some made great cards to inspire you to play along with us so be sure to check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:   I {Heart} Hearts (Stampin' Up!); Tons of  Type (The Stamp Market)
Paper:  Whisper White, Rose Red (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Real Red, Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Rose Red (Stampin' Up!); Onyx Black (Verafine)
Accessories:  Guide Lines impression plate (Papertrey Ink)

10 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

Love all the clean and fresh hearts, Jen! Happy New Year!

Jen Mitchell said...

Test!

I Card Everyone said...

Jen, if I had a sweet Valentine design like this one floating in my brain, I'd have to make it, too! Absolutely adorable - loving the 'quilted' look of your background panel!
=]

Nora Noll said...

This is so sweet!! I am loving the mix of heart stamps you used!! Great design!

Lisa Elton said...

Happy New Year, Jen! I love this year's trend, you valentine is delightful!

Linda Callahan said...

The lineup of hearts is delightful - so sweet for Valentine's Day!

Amy O said...

Very sweet! I love all of the different hearts and the peeks of red on the bottom and top borders!

Jen Brum said...

This is a beautiful Valentine my friend! I love those hearts! Might need to get this set out again! Love the little strips of red peeking out! So pretty!

Karren said...

Your grouping of hearts look wonderful - the different patterns adds such a whimsical touch. Gorgeous card!

Cécile RIBON said...

This pretty lineup of hearts makes such a clever take on the sketch. I love the mix of pink shades and patterns.