Thursday, January 6, 2022

Fusion - It's a New Year

I think the new year has me off to a rough creative start.  I took a little hiatus from stamping the last couple of weeks and jumped in with two feet for our first Fusion challenge of the year.  I loved the bokeh design of the inspiration photo and decided to make my card by combining the bokeh with the sketch and the colors from another challenge.  But the colors ended up being way off to join the color challenge so... this is what I've got.

 




I sponged the colors on to my cardstock then used a bokeh stencil to add those little highlights in white. I substituted a couple of sparkly stars for the two circles on the sketch and stamped the sentiment to mimic the horizontal layer on the sketch.  You may notice that the top of the "S" on the "Stars" sentiment is missing.  Just my luck I got a bad stamp with an incomplete piece. 😕

I think this card is pretty cute anyway and I hope you think so too.  I thank you for stopping by!  Be sure to check out my fellow Fusion teammates for our first challenge of 2022!

Supplies
Stamps:  Shiny Happy Sentiments (Lil' Inker Designs)
Paper:  Bristol Smooth; Glitter Paper (Recollections)
Ink:  Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Fossilized Amber, Chipped Sapphire (Distress Oxide); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Bokeh Lights stencil (Simon Says Stamp); 3 Star Stitched dies (My Creative Time)

4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love your fun colors! And your stenciling is fabulous - pretty card!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the stenciled Bokeh, this is fabulous!

Tristan said...

Gorgeous background Jen. Those colours are so pretty rogether.

Judy Rozema said...

It is super cute. What a great background!