Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches 519

Apologies again for being late to post my card for our newest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  Blame it on Wordle.  I've been busy planning my strategy for tomorrow!  😂 Have you heard of it?  Are you hooked?  If you're not currently I predict you will be!

Anyway on to my card.  It didn't take long into the new year for me to get a hankering to make a Christmas card.  Jen Timko's sketch provided the perfect layout and the colors at Just Us Girls provided the soft, sparkly palette.



I embossed the background of the blue layer and then cut this snowflake square out of silver sparkly paper.  The paper is very thin and prone to tearing when trying to pick the small parts out after being cut with a die so it took a while to get all those little bits and bobs removed, but the end result is so worth it.  It's super sparkly in real life!  


Thanks for stopping by!  My Freshly Made Sketches teammates have some fabulous cards to show you with this sketch so be sure to check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Fa La La (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Soft Sky (Stampin' Up!); Solar White (Neenah); silver glimmer (Recollections)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Guide Lines Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink); Snowflake Snippets die (Spellbinders)

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is gorgeous, Jen! Love that fabulous snowflake. So happy to see you in the JUGs gallery!

Linda Callahan said...

Let's talk about that fabulous sparkly snowflake - Love it - gorgeous!

Kim S said...

What a gorgeous die! I love that you put the full focus on it with the sparkles and the soft blue background.

Lisa Kind said...

This is stunning, Jen! I love how soft and pretty it is. That snowflake is so lovely in that silver sparkle! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

BTW, I'm playing Wordle. The only thing is it takes only a few minutes to play and there is only one game per day. I'll have to check out the one you mentioned. I love word games.

ElizStewart said...

Jen... such a fabulously clean card and perfect inspiration for FMS. Thank you for sharing it with Just Us Girls this week!

Judy Rozema said...

I literally had a VERY similar die (in fact, I thought it was the same!) from a different company out on my desk to use for this sketch, and then went rogue again ha! This is so pretty and delicate!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a classy card, Jen! This dainty and detailed snowflake is gorgeous!

Karren said...

Ooh that silver snowflake is stunning! Such a fabulous card. And yes, I'm addicted to Wordle. Took me all 6 attempts today - gulp!