Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches 557

Wednesday is always fun for me because it's sketch reveal day at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our sketch this week is designed by Judy and her wide horizontal layer got me digging through my copious inventory of patterned paper for some inspiration.



I chose some paper that was perfect for a Halloween theme and fit the color challenge at The Paper Players to boot. I picked a sentiment from one of my favorite Halloween stamp sets and added a few fun bats flying around.  


Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow Freshly Made Sketches teammates have made some great cards for you to see and be inspired by!  I hope you'll join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Autumn Apparitions (Stampin' Up!)
Paper:  Certainly Celery, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Vintage Violet, Whisper White, Halloween Night DSP (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Quadrangle Frames die (Simon Says Stamp); Ebony Black Nuvo Drops 

8 comments:

LeAnne said...

What a fun card...the background paper's perfect and the sentiment and those fabulous bats make it just a wee bit spooky! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute Halloween card, Jen... not too spooky!

Jen Brum said...

Oh wow! Blast from the past with that DSP and stamp set but I love it! So fun for Halloween! Love the squares with the black frames!

Jennie Maier said...

Love that these papers had the colors! Cute addition with the bats. Thank for playing at The Paper Players this week!

Judy Rozema said...

Adorable little bats - and I love the stripes!! Super cute!

Linda Callahan said...

The paper is perfect! And I love that boxy diecut.....I have it and never know when to bust it out!

Jen Timko said...

What a fun Halloween card this is. Love the paper (Certainly Celery!!! So great) and that sentiment element is fabulous.

Karren said...

I just love how you've inlaid the challenge colours into that square die! I have that die and have never thought of doing that. Such a fun card!