Friday, February 24, 2023

Pinks & Pearls

I'm excited to share that I am the guest designer at As You See It for their Pinks & Pearls challenge.  It seems that the design team over there liked one of my cards recently and invited me to be a guest designer!  I always get a goosebump or two when I get recognized for one of my cards!




It's no secret that I tend to gravitate towards clean and simple cards so I love a challenge that has got lots of elements to it.  I get to stretch my creative wings!  For my card I embossed the background and sponged on some color to give it a little depth.  Then I added two layers cut with a deckle die set in shades of pink.  The top layer was cut in white with the same deckle die and sponged on the edges to create an aged look.  Then it was stamped with a simple branch.  The blossoms on the branch were colored with different shades of pink.  I added a few pearls and I was done!  I love how this came out!

Thanks again to the design team at As You See It for inviting me to play along with them!

Supplies
Stamps:  Artfully Asian (Stampin' Up!)
Paper:  Whisper White, Rose Red, Pink Pirouette (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Strawberry Slush, Pink Pirouette (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Weathered embossing folder (Taylored Expressions); Deckled Rectangle dies (Spellbinders); Basic Peals (Stampin' Up!)

8 comments:

LeAnne said...

Simply beautiful! I hope to play along too! I love your background...so vintage and yummy!

Heather said...

So, so pretty, Jen! I have always loved this stem - looks fabulous in our recipe! Thanks so much for guesting with us at As You See It!

Deborah Wheeler said...

Love this card, Jen! Great to have you join us as guest designer for this week's As You See It challenge

Heather Cooper said...

This is beautiful! I just love the texture on the back panel! It really gives it that distressed look! And the dark and light pinks really show off that lovely stem well! So happy to have you join us as guest designer!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a new favorite, Jen it's just beautiful! Congrats on your guesting gig, it's well deserved!

Jan Clothier said...

This is just fabulous, Jen! I've always loved your work and I'm delighted with what you've cooked up with our box of ingredients. It's so very elegant. Thank you for joining us as Guest Designer at As You See It.

Jane Knudsen said...

Jen - this is stunning! Thank you for being our guest for this challenge! That background is gorgeous and really makes this card the perfect mix elegant and chic!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I couldn't wait to see what you made of Heather's board for this challenge Jen - especially as it features elements I don't see you normally use. Your card is just stunning - I love that background!! You did a fabulous job - we are so thrilled to have you as our guest designer for the current As You See It challenge!