Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches 586

Hi friends!  We've got a great new sketch for you at Freshly Made Sketches.  Our hostess is Jacquie and her sketch is a classic one for sure!  I had fun rotating the sketch to accommodate these fun triangular trees.  



So.  My triangular trees seem to be layered a little haphazardly but there's a story there!  I started by inking and stamping a lot of those triangular trees.  As I fussy cut them out I put them down in the same spot on my desk.  When I was done they were layered in a way that looked pretty interesting to me. Some were upright and some were twisted this way and that.  So cool!  So using a piece of Press-N-Seal I managed to preserve the layout and put all those trees down as the focal point on my card.  The colors I used were inspired by the challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown.



Thanks for stopping by!  Of course you can count on my fellow Freshly Made Sketches teammates to have made some great cards with this sketch.  So be sure to check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Triangle Trees (Reverse Confetti); Bold Fill in Holiday (The Ton)
Paper:  Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Merry Moments DSP (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Real Red (Stampin' Up!)

5 comments:

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fun Christmas card Jen! I love those trees! They are so fun! I need to jump on the summer Christmas card making train!!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the way the trees fell into place so perfectly! Great modern feel to this design, Jen.

Kim S said...

What a happy accident! And thank goodness for Press-n-Seal. Your tree arrangement is such a fun, eye-catching look!

Karren said...

Love the story of how your trees came to be! What a fun and cheerful Christmas card!

Cécile RIBON said...

Fabulous layering of these trees, they seem to be dancing the happy dance! I love how fun and cheery it all came out.