Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches 588

It's my turn to be the hostess at Freshly Made Sketches this week.  I literally dreamt up this angular sketch in that moment when you wake up before your alarm goes off and you are trying desperately to go back to sleep.  I think I was dreaming about making a card and thought "angles might be fun."  We'll see if you agree!



I wanted an interesting background for those angles so I found this pretty patterned paper in my stash of Christmas papers.  I added the Joy sentiment popped up on foam.  The sentiment was a little blah on its own, so I brushed it with some Wink of Stella.  Poof!  Instant pretty!

Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow Freshly Made Sketches design team members have some great cards to inspire you to play along with us, so check them out!

Supplies
Paper:  Blushing Bride, Ruby Red, Holiday Treasures DSP (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Bold Borders Flurried die (Papertrey Ink); Wink of Stella

7 comments:

Amy O said...

Well, that was clever to cut the dsp in half on the diagonal! And the Wink of Stella on the sentiment is so pretty! I wish my dreams were as inspiring as yours! Thanks for the fun sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

You picked such pretty paper for this one, Jen! Marvelous card!

lichazul said...

Beautiful card 👏💐 congrats
Have a great day

Jen Brum said...

This is a gorgeous Christmas card Jen! I just love that background paper and the big joy! Thanks for an amazing sketch this week!

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous card, Jen! Love the pretty patterned paper and pink in a Christmas card. Thanks for a fun sketch this week.

Linda Callahan said...

The sketch is great and I love that DSP! Elegant card!

Karren said...

Great Christmas card! I think I've got some of that patterned paper somewhere here! Thanks for a great sketch!