Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches 585

So last week I forgot to hit "Publish" so my card for Freshly Made Sketches went unseen.  This week I'm just late. 😉 But I do have a card for our newest challenge with a design from Judy.



I will be totally honest and say that those vertical layers gave me.......pause.  What-to-do what-to-do....  So I opted for my rescue when I'm unsure how to mix layers - vellum.  I dug deep into my stash and found this pretty patterned paper with a butterfly pattern to it then I added the five horizontal vellum layers.  I added a die-cut butterfly to it and called it a day!

The challenge at Addicted to CAS is "monochrome" and I designed this card with that in mind, but I'm not sure it meets their CAS standards.  Apologies to the DT over there if this is over the top!


Thanks for stopping by!  My Freshly Made Sketches design team members have made some fantastic cards with this sketch so I'm sure you will be inspired to play along with us!

Supplies
Paper:  Wild Wasabi, Vellum, Afternoon Tea DSP (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Papillons die (4enscrap)

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific CAS card, Jen!

Jen Timko said...

The vellum is so perfect! I love the green and that little butterfly!

Karren said...

You always use vellum so creatively and this is no exception! Fabulous card, Jen!

Cécile RIBON said...

I love the daintinesse of this beautiful card, Jen! Using some vellum for the strips is just a brilliant idea.