Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches 611

I'm the hostess this week at Freshly Made Sketches...insert nail biting here.  I went with a layered design -not something I usually do.  But I like to challenge myself.  I hope you do too!



I'm at the point in the year when I start to worry that I don't have enough Christmas cards in my stash so that's my main focus when I make a new card.  This card uses a pretty plaid with gold and silver accents.  

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Paper:  Night of Navy, Gold Foil, Wrapped in Plaid (Stampin' Up!); vellum (Graphix); Christmas Overlay (Marisa Lerin);
Accessories:  Tag Sale #5 die (Papertrey Ink); RyLynn snowflake die (Simon Says Stamp); Let it Snowflake Too die (My Favorite Things); Metallic Gold Rhinestone (Pretty Pink Posh); Shine Gold Twine Cording (Maya Road)

11 comments:

Amy O said...

I love the gorgeous colors in the plaid and the delicate snowflake on this pretty card! It was fun to play with all of the layers on your sketch this week.

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific, card, terrific sketch!

lichazul said...

Great card, congrats 😊💐 have a beautiful day

Linda Callahan said...

Very pretty for the holidays! I always love your square card designs and enjoyed combining all of the parts!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Ooh, this is a beautiful, opulent card. I love that plaid with the gold accents.
Thanks so much for choosing my reindeer card at FMS
xxx

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the gold and tartan mix! Thanks for a fun, layered sketch this week, Jen.

Ida said...

Great Sketch - Although I confess I went A2 instead of Square
Love the pretty snowflake and the gold/silver accents.

Ida said...

Well Jen, I just had to try a square card with your sketch:

https://faithartistry.blogspot.com/2023/11/freshly-made-sketches-and-nbus.html

Thanks for the Inspiration to go out of my normal comfort zone.

Karren said...

These colours go so beautifully together and your layered card is just fabulous! Thanks for such a great sketch!

Jen Brum said...

This card is so pretty! I love that plaid paper! Looks so pretty with the gold! That snowflakes is beautiful! Perfect Christmas card!

Kim S said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the sketch - and I love how you used it. The gold and vellum against the rich plaid is a fabulous look!