Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches 612

We've got another fun sketch challenge for you at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week our hostess is Linda and her sketch got me thinking about layering some patterned paper and making a Christmas card.

 



This card is almost entirely made from patterned paper.  Despite my reputation as a CAS card-maker I do love layers once in a while.  😉  And patterned paper is my favorite way to create layers.  Once I settled on the layers for this card I added a die cut "JOY" sentiment plus another small sentiment to finish the thought.


Once again my Sketchbook from Trinity Stamps was a huge help when I was designing my card.  I love that I can sketch out different ideas before I actually start cutting into my precious paper stash.  (And I use a pencil when I'm sketching out my ideas so I can easily erase something that turns out to be the wrong idea).

Thanks for stopping by!  As always my fellow Freshly Made Sketches design team members have made some smashingly good cards with this sketch!

Supplies
Stamps:  Joy Stamp (The Stamp Market)
Paper:  Ruby Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Silver Glimmer, Holiday Treasures DSP (Stampin' Up!); Solar White (Neenah)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Large Joy die (Simon Says Stamp); Glitter Drops: Leaf (PinkFresh Studio)

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

A terrific use of those lovely papers!

Linda Callahan said...

I am loving your layers and patterns! Beautiful holiday card!

Kim S said...

Such beautiful papers together and so perfect for the big, beautiful "joy"! I love the gorgeous gems!

lichazul said...

beautiful card , congrats 💐☺️ happy day

Jen Brum said...

Oh this is such a fabulous Christmas card Jen! I love the mix of patterned papers! The poinsettias are beautiful! Love that sentiment as well! So pretty!

Karren said...

I'm glad you're getting good use out of your sketchbook as well. I think it's fabulous! As is your card (and I've probably got that paper somewhere in my stash!)